Welcome back to another edition of cooking with Black Rabbit! We’ve covered how to make weed butter (refresher below on how to decarb weed), how to make weed brownies and how to make weed cookies. Today we’re covering how to make weed gummies.
For some, weed gummies are the edible of choice and that’s simply because, compared to their baked goods counterparts, they last longer. But similar to baked goods, there’s a long list of variations you can apply to your gummy recipe to tailor taste, experience etc. to your liking.
Cannabis is an obvious ingredient for this recipe so make sure to check out our online dispensary and if you live in the GTA you’ll get what you need with our speedy same day weed delivery service. Don’t live in the GTA? That’s okay, we’ve got weed delivery Canada-wide.
Don’t forget to decarb!
Decarbing your weed and making weed butter is maybe the most time consuming part of this recipe so make sure to do this step first. Decarboxylation is the process of baking your weed causing the cannabinoids – THC and CBD – to activate. This step will also encourage the cannabinoids to dissolve and bind to the lipids/fat in your cooking.
As a refresher, here’s a step by step breakdown on how to decarb weed:
- Preheat your oven to 240° F.
- Place your bud on a baking sheet and bake for 40 minutes. Shake the tray every 10 minutes or so to make sure the bud doesn’t burn. Once the bud starts to turn a brownish green colour, then the decarboxylation process is complete, and you can remove the sheet tray from the oven.
- Let the weed sit until it’s cool enough to touch. Coarsely grind or cut up your weed and set aside to start making to your weed butter.
While this recipe doesn’t require any special equipment per se, you will need a gummy mold so make sure to procure that before starting this recipe.
½ cup of juice (you can use water here but the addition of a juice helps to better flavour the gummies)
2 tsp of liquid lecithin (can be soybean, sunflower or avocado lecithin as it’s a flavourless ingredient but helps with the binding process)
1 small box of Jell-O (any flavour you like!)
2 tbs of unflavoured gelatine (this will help create the gummy texture)
- Add your juice, weed butter and lecithin to a pot and keep the heat on low. Stir until the juice, weed butter and lecithin have been well incorporated and the butter completely melted.
- Add the full Jell-O packet as well as the unflavoured gelatine giving it a good stir to ensure everything is incorporated.
- Keep the pot on low heat (make sure it doesn’t come to a boil) for about 8-10 minutes until the gelatines have dissolved, stirring consistently making sure there are no clumps.
- Transfer the liquid mixture to a squeeze bottle then fill your molds.
- Once the molds are filled, let sit for 30-minutes to an hour, allowing them to properly set.
- Once set, remove your gummies from the mold and allow them to air dry – you can do this on a baking sheet. This step is optional – if you want to consume them right away you can but letting the gummies set for 24 hours really enhances the gummy texture. If you don’t plan on consuming your gummies right away, you can keep them in your freezer or fridge. If you have kids, make sure to store your gummies stash is secure and stored safely away from children!
Remember, the potency of your gummies will depend on the potency of your cannabutter and will ultimately depend on the strength of your bud. If this is your first time making cannabutter and gummies wait 60-90 minutes after consumption to fully feel the effects and adjust dosage accordingly.
Same day weed delivery
Well, there you have it, everything you need to know about how to make your own weed gummies at home. Don’t forget, you’ll need some bud so get it through Black Rabbit’s same day weed delivery in Toronto, Mississauga, and 21 other regions across the GTA. Live outside the GTA? Don’t worry, weed delivery Canada-wide is now available through our new mail order program.